Take the quiz:
To make a preliminary determination about whether you may have a gambling problem, ask the following questions:
1. During the past 12 months, have you become restless, irritable, or anxious, when trying to stop/cut down on gambling?
2. During the past 12 months, have you tried to keep your family or friends from knowing how much you gambled?
3. During the past 12 months, did you have financial trouble as a result of your gambling that you had to get help with living expenses from family, friends, or welfare?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it may indicate a gambling addiction.
Louisiana Problem Gamblers Helpline is available to assist you:
There are resources available at no cost for Louisiana residents. The Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Behavioral Health provides a variety of options for the treatment and prevention of Gambling Disorders.
For more information or to set up an appointment to address a gambling problem or concern:
- Contact the gambling service provider nearest you. Click here for the list of FREE specialized gambling service providers across Louisiana.
- Contact the Louisiana Problem Gamblers Helpline:
- Phone: 1-877-770-STOP (7867) - The helpline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is toll-free and confidential.
- Social Media: Text 1-877-770-STOP.
- Online: Live chat at
What happens after you call 1-877-770-STOP?
- The Louisiana Problem Gamblers Helpline is a toll-free, confidential information and referral line that assists individuals in the state of Louisiana who may be affected by gambling problems. They provide information to people who want help to stop gambling, family members who are concerned about a loved one, or a person in recovery from gambling who is searching for a Gamblers Anonymous meeting. In addition, they talk to individuals from throughout the state who have a question on any other addiction and direct them to the proper resource. All gambling addiction services offered by the Louisiana Department of Health are completely FREE.
- The Helpline is answered by trained, certified and caring Helpline Specialists. The Specialists do not provide counseling, but they will refer you to a qualified counselor and all the FREE resources in your area.